Unload JS

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:35 AM

What a great skin object!  I've already I've been reducing my CSS object count significantly (down to 1).  Just wondering if you had plans to extend the remove feature to include JS files?  As you know, DNN loads up it's own JS in addition to whatever files called from within the skin.  In a highly optimized site I would like to create a single combined, minified js file and reference it from my skin. 

Something like this:

<fortyfingers:STYLEHELPER ID="JSUnload" RemoveJSFile="/" runat="server" />

or

<fortyfingers:STYLEHELPER ID="JSUnload" RemoveJSFile="dnncore.,jquery" runat="server" />

Also, for what it's worth, I've been having some nice success using this Yahoo.Yui.Compressor GitHub project: A C# ASP.Net handler that concatenates, compresses, and caches CSS/JS files link here https://gist.github.com/130913 to combine, minify and compress CSS and JS files after using your skin helper to remove them (well CSS anyway).  Might be something you could even incorporate into this project. 

Coordinator
Aug 31, 2011 at 3:53 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Aug 31, 2011 at 3:56 PM

Ok, thanks, I'll have a  look at it.

Removing them is not as easy as it seems as you cannot reach most of them, because they are injected after the skin object code runs...

Aug 31, 2011 at 4:28 PM

Makes sense.  Still I wonder what (if anything) is possible.  Thanks for considering this and possibly the minification/compression concepts as well.